Written by Michele Brawn (email)
Happy Spring everyone! The sun is trying to show it's face around here, hopefully soon! We have some happenings this month:
- Waddell Creek Outing on Saturday April 14. All info is listed on the upcoming member events site. You cannot prospect in the park and no sniping tools are allowed to be used in the water. This is a pot luck, BBQ, so have some grub and find some gold and have fun!
- Prospectors Plus will be attending the NCWP Gold Show in Cashmere on the 21-22. Come see us and show your support!
- The Evergreen Spring Sportsmen Expo will be at the Monroe Fairgrounds April 28-29th. We will be pairing up next to Polaris of Monroe. We will aslo be attending the Spokane GPAA Gold & Treasure show this same weekend representing BRAWN & PP.
- The next member outing will be all about crevassing. It will be May 5th. Meet at the Gold Bar store, sign in and gear up. As usual our fabulous BBQ to follow.
- The Sherriff's in Town! California dredging - The state of California is only allowing 1500 permits to dredge this year. Even stating hours from 10am to 4pm. However, if you call the Sherriff's office and check in with them before you go out to dredge, and get their authorization in writing, this overrules the state regulation. No permits are required in several Northern California counties.
- Douglas Canyon: Dredgeing opens May 16th on Douglas Creek. If you go, let us know how you liked it. We need your feedback on this area.
- We are currently in the process of looking to open a Cle Elum store. This will be the PP of Cle Elum. This may take some time, but we are working on it. We also plan on having a Eastern Wa. chapter in the future as well for member meetings etc.
- We are proud to announce we have now a beautiful 2" mini-floating dredge. The first one sold three minutes after bringing it to the store! The website store will have this picture up soon. The store and website are currently and will be under construction and improvement.
- Member and a class act guy, Cody Moen of Discovey Channel's, "Bering Sea Gold", was at the club meeting in Monroe on April 4th, graciously feilding questions about prospecting under the ice that will take place during the new season of the show. We wish him good luck and safety!
- Whenever you are prospecting PLEASE do not dam the creeks and remember to always fill in your holes that you make or any you see left behind. We are a pro-active group and need to ensure proper prospecting habits and abide by the rules. If your not sure about the rules, call us. This benefits all of us.
- There is a new JARPA permit for beach prospecting. This is a shorter version and much easier to fill out.
- Best for last! At the May meetings we will be having another BIG prize to win. More info on the upcoming members page.
- Guests are always welcome to attend and learn. Remember your referrals! Golden tickets- $10 store credit for each referral and golden ticket!
- That's all for now!